The Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics (EBS) is recognised worldwide as being at the forefront of its discipline areas.
Our outstanding international reputation is supported by our rankings or ratings of:
- No 1 in the Asia-Pacific region for econometrics (RePEC)
- Top 10% institutions in the fields of econometrics and time series by IDEAS
- Highest possible rating (well above world standard) in econometrics for Excellence in Research (ERA) conducted by the Australian Research Council
We are also designated by Monash University as an area of outstanding strength in research. The impact of research has led to the election of seven of our professors into the Academy of Social Sciences in Australia, and the appointment of many of our academic staff to editorial positions for highly ranked journals in econometrics and statistics.
We boast the largest concentration of econometricians and statisticians in a single department in Australia. This means we have significant levels of expertise in most areas of econometrics and business statistics, including actuarial studies and big data analytics.
We pride ourselves on our contemporary and engaging teaching activities. Our academic staff provide quantitative training in all relevant courses offered by Monash Business School.
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business Specialist
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce Specialist
- Honours programs in Econometrics and Business Statistics
- Master of Applied Econometrics
- Master of Actuarial Studies
- PhD programs in Econometrics and Business Statistics.
Engagement and Collaboration
Through our Econometrics and Business Statistics Consulting Service, our academic staff help businesses and government bodies in their planning and decision making.
The Department also maintains strong professional links with the Centre for Development Economics and Sustainability. Through this Centre, our academic staff are engaged in high-impact research focusing on development programs in Indonesia and East Timor.