8th Australasian workshop on Econometrics and Health Economics
1st May 2017 - 3rd May 2017
This workshop provides a forum for the development and dissemination of applications of econometrics and other quantitative approaches in health economics. The workshop will follow the format of the long-running European workshops on Econometrics and Health Economics. A selection of papers from the workshop will be published in a special supplement of Health Economics.
The program consists of up to fourteen papers. Each paper is allocated one hour, which is made up of a presentation by the author, followed by a response from a nominated discussant and general discussion. Presentations by doctoral students and junior researchers are encouraged.
The number of participants is limited to 40. Workshop participants will be expected to attend the whole meeting and play a role as either author, discussant or chair-person.
Included: Three nights bed and breakfast, two dinners and two lunches are included in the registration fee.
Submission of Papers
Papers for the 2017 workshop will be selected on the basis of full drafts. Submitted papers should be unpublished and not accepted for publication in a peer reviewed journal.
Electronic submission of papers is required and can be uploaded on the registration page, the deadline for submitting papers is Friday 11 November 2016.
Decisions will be made by 16 December 2016.'
- Professor Michael Shields, Centre for Health Economics, Monash Business School, Monash University
- Professor Anthony Scott, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, University of Melbourne
- Professor Denzil Fiebig (CHAIR), University of New South Wales
- Professor Bruce Hollingsworth, University of Lancaster
- Professor Bill Greene, New York University
- Professor Andrew Jones, University of York
- Centre for Health Economics, Monash Business School, Monash University
- Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, University of Melbourne
- Australian Health Economic Society
- Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation, University of Technology Sydney
Registration cost is $800 or $350 for PhD students as at 1 November 2016.
Register by Friday 11 November 2016.
For all enquiries, please contact Lynette McGowan via email or phone on 9905 8405.
Date: Monday 1 May 2017 - Wednesday 3 May 2017
Venue: Coral Sea Resort, Airlie Beach, Queensland