The Department of Banking and Finance has a strong commitment to producing high-quality research which has influence in the academic community, as well as relevance to industry.
To further build our research quality, relevance and impact, we aim to:
- improve our success rates in competitive research grants, including from Australian Research Council (ARC) schemes and industry sources
- support and encourage high-quality journal publications
- connect with industry to drive applied and relevant research.
We support our researchers by providing a range of state-of-the-art facilities and resources.
The STARLab is a controllable environment in which trader responses to events and scenarios can be recorded, time stamped and analysed. STARLab outputs have been the basis of published research on the behaviour of traders and the performance of financial strategies and policy initiatives
To fully support our researchers and research students, we are subscribed to a full range of research databases including:
- 13F Database
- Morningstar - Aspect Huntley Database (DataLink)
- Bloomberg Professional Service
- Centre for Research in Security Prices (CRSP)
- Connect 4
- Monash FInancial Database (MonFIDs)
- IRESS Market Technology
- SDC Platinum
- Share Price and Price Relatives (SPPR)
- I/B/E/S Thomson Financial – Institutional Brokers' Estimate System
- WRDS Platform Accessible Databases.